So we were on our way to Peter and Susan's house to watch their kids for their datenight. Tomorrow is their anniversary so this was a perfect weekend for them to go out. On our way, I turn around to the sounds that every parent learns to fear: gagging, gurgling, gushy vomit noises. It was Claire, puking her guts out. I watched her puke five times as Steve tried so hard to pull over in some very heavy traffic. We had pj's packed because it was going to be a later night out, so we got her coat off and got her in her pjs. We also had the spare carseat in the car from a few weeks ago when I had Joey in the car with me. We put her in that seat and drove home, calling Pete and Susan to cancel.
Claire did not show ANY signs of sickness prior to this. Now that we are home, she is running around, and acting normal. She was begging for food. I didn't want to give her anything that would upset her tummy, so we started with cheerios. Then she wanted carrots with ranch, and then some of my bagel, and then saw Daddy eating rice crispy treats and she conned him into having a piece of that too! I really think she is fine. I am not sure what happened, but I have two theories: She gagged herself on her fingers or Cinderella people toys that she had in her hands (she has been putting her fingers way back in her mouth feeling her new teeth), OR she was car sick, which would be something new for us, but I was car sick so I guess it isn't out of the question.
Of course, my appetite has been compromised. I ate a bagel for dinner. I hate puking people and I always fear that I will be the next one to get it. I am starting to feel better because it really seems that there is nothing wrong with her. Poor Steve had a BIG mess to clean up. Puke in the car is probably the worst to clean up. He still feels like he smells it, and has changed all his clothes. I am also refusing to kiss him because he said he shared a spoon with Claire earlier today. Lets all pray that we are in the clear and this was just some weird incident!
No comments:
Post a Comment