Tuesday, February 10, 2009

annoying kids

I could never be a full time teacher. To all you teachers out there, you are my hero. I teach a one hour and fifteen minute after school nutrition class, and there are some kids that I cannot stand. If I had to have them in a class with me all day, I would go nuts. I had this kid today (who wasn't there last week, and I forgot how annoying he was until he was back) that just won't SHUT UP! He talks non-stop. And it isn't anything good that he is saying. I told him he needed to take it down a level and he told me that he forgot to take his medicine. He says he takes 8 pills a day for ADHD and Aspergers disease. And then another kid tells me that he takes 4 pills a day for ADHD. You know what I think those kids need? I HEALTHY DIET!!!!! I would be willing to bet thousands of dollars on the fact that these kids eat crap at home full of high fructose corn syrup and they are not getting anything remotly close to be considered healthy. I am talking about kids who generally come from low income households so they really are not exposed to many fruits and veggies, but hey when medicine can "fix" your problem, why not have that instead of an apple or some carrots? Yes, this subject bothers me. Can ya tell? Also I am really cranky today so this whole situation is not helping my mood. I hope that tomorrow is better.

No comments: