Today was Claire's Valentines party. Ella had to take along this time to her class because Grandpa Ron was on vacation and he is the one who normally watched Ella on Friday mornings while I take Claire to parent-tot class. It was a good time.
Wednesday night, Pancake got a swollen, itchy eye. We weren't sure what caused this but it looked like it was an allergic reaction to something, and we called a friend who knew what dose of Benedryl to give her. She was miserable for about a day. But it calmed down last night, and so we didn't need to take her to the vet. It was probably a spider bite.
Then this morning, there was a bathroom lock incident. Now that Ella is just too darn old to be walking in on Daddy in the bathroom in the morning, the door has to be locked. But we only have the one bathroom upstairs. So Ella has to go downstairs to use the bathroom. Well, when you sleep for 11 to 12 hours and you don't get up at night, you tend to have to pee really bad when you do wake up. Ella got up, the bathroom was locked. So she went to her room to get her flashlight because she was too scared to go downstairs in the dark. She got her flashlight, and then made it downstairs, but by the time she got in front of the toilet, it was too late. She couldn't make it and peed on the floor. She was upset by this.
We do not wish to spend $30,000 on putting another bathroom upstairs for a house that we dont' care to live in. (that was the quote we got) But no one is coming to see our house. Something has to give. If you read this, please say silent prayer that someone will buy our house...
In a way, I am sure lots of people think I am a snob for wanting more space, and another bathroom. I know our house is livable, and it isn't that bad. But really, I am not looking forward to another spring/summer on this corner of a busy road. People drive like idiots around here. I don't like worrying every time we play out on the driveway. Yes, we have a fenced-in yard. But the kids like to ride their bikes on the driveway sometimes, so I can't keep them in the back all the time! I would like to live somewhere that had two bathrooms UPSTAIRS and a neighborhood with sidewalks. I want it for me and I want it for my kids. I would also like to get out of the crappy mortgage that we have and pay less per month for a larger house. Please pray. I know I want what lots of people want. Something has to give....
No comments:
Post a Comment