Sunday, February 1, 2009

It's almost Spring?

Ok, so it is only Feb 1st, but it was 40 degrees today and I swear it actually felt hot! Yeah, most people don't think of 40 degrees as hot, but when you live in frozen hell we lovingly call Michigan, 40 feels like Hawaii. I was so happy today, I could tell a HUGE difference in my mood with the sun, and "heat." And I got my car washed...I could see out of my ENTIRE windshield! Amazing. We had a great morning at our friends Casey and Macy's house....Casey made awesome omelet sausage thing, and I decided I wanted to live at their house because they had lots of really good food to eat. The kids(Ella, Claire and Abby) all played with no fighting so it was a fun time for all.

OH BACK TO REALITY: I had to pause my happy-go-lucky entry for dinner, and then laundry and then baths and then bed....so here I am finally getting ready to relax for the night. Dinner time is about the time that things got a little out of hand. I was trying not to let the children ruin my good day, or the fact that I was in the midst of doing 6 loads of laundry. I mean, it's almost Spring right? Nothing could ruin this day? Well, leave it to Ella to choke on chewed up carrots and puke up carrots and milk into her cup (good thinking on Steve's part). Now, I am pretty sure that only kids can puke and then still eat a brownie afterwards...even without rinsing their mouths out. Disgusting right? Yeah, I was done eating at that point. Then the screaming started. Ella has a cold and is tired from a late night last night, so she kept hurting herself (she gets clumsy when she tired) and then crying uncontrollably. Claire had no nap today and was beyond tired, and also got more clumsy and therefore was hurting herself and screaming a lot. Our hectic dinner (which was supposed to be mini-meatloaves but we got so pooped from running around, doing laundry, making a snowman outside, and doing other weekend "work" stuff) and not to mention the troops were hungry and we didn't have an hour and a half to cook the darn things...we had a lovely mac and cheese dinner.( I am pretty sure that sentence doesn't really make a whole lot of sense gramatically but I am too tired to fix it...)back to the crazy night. So after dinner, we shipped them off to the tub. I put more laundry away while steve kept watch for any drownings. Then we switched, and he put the trash out. Washed them up, let them watch a little TV because putting them to bed at 6:30 usually means they wake up at 5:30 and I was not in the mood for that. Got them upstairs at 7 and left them all in their rooms for a peaceful nights sleep. Inbetween all of this, there was lots of screaming, a bloody nose, a pee accident, more crying, more screaming, and a very sore back (for both me and steve which means, I won't be getting any sympathy rubs tonight. Damn). We are currently recording the superbowl just so that we can watch the commercials. We (especially me) could care less about the football. Happy 40 degree day everyone!

No comments: