Friday, August 28, 2009

FML

Did you ever just have one of those days? I did...
5am: heartburn. (I never have heartburn...it was horrible...no tums, no mylanta...nothing in the house...just suffered till 7am)
Also Claire is up (later we find out that she did not go back to sleep)
7am: unexpected visitor again. (ladies can guess what this is) For whatever reason, I get my "monthly friend" every other week since Rose was born. Not normal, especially since I am still nursing her.
Then things are good 9am: go to gym, kids are good at daycare, it was fine. Go home, talk to bus driver about where Ella will be picked up and dropped off (bonus: stop is OUR DRIVEWAY!) shower, eat lunch, chat with Susan, head to Grandma Maggie and Grandpa Ron's house for a nice visit.
We leave at 2pm: Shit starts to hit. Come home. Claire is very tired, and so am I. I could have napped. Rose was napping, so I was going to rest with Claire, and have her watch a movie. The movie won't go on. WHY? OH THE POWER IS OUT!? For what reason, I have no idea. Everyone is out. Claire then starts hysterically screaming. She begs me, "Mama, just TRY and put the power on." I call Steve and beg him to come home early as Claire is still screaming in the background. He is the only one who knows how to put the generator on.
I try and call DTE to report the outage. It is an automated service so any noise in the background messes up the system and sends you to an operator. With Claire still screaming, I have to wait for an operator to find out how long the power will be out. 15 minutes later, I get someone on the phone (Claire is still screaming). Power will be back on between 9 and 11pm tonight. It's 2:30. Damn.
2:45: Ella goes to Aiden's house to play: down by one, but not the one I want to be down by.
3:15pm: Steve is home!!! OMG! SUPER STEVE! HOrray! Don't hug or kiss me hello, just get the generater on so this kid will stop crying and she can watch her show.
4:40pm: Time to heat up dinner...planned dinner was meatloaf that I thawed out yesterday. Well, shit, you can't use the microwave with the generator, and you can't use the stove either...uses too much power and shuts the generator off. DAMMIT! We need food!!! Steve runs to Mac Donald's drive thru. Claire is screaming because she doesn't want Mac Donalds. (only my child doesn't like Mickey D's...whatever). She get's PB and honey for dinner, and we eat the grease.
5:30pm: I must escape. Lots of noise from generator, still lots of screaming in the house, must get out! I go to Kroger. Well F me...they are out of POWER! Of COURSE THEY ARE! Drive to other Kroger (Called first, they have power). Shopped as fast as I could. Go to checkout. Go to pay...open wallet....no cash, no credit card. WHAT THE FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFudge! Where is my credit card. Hotflash, panic, instant stomach ache. Paid with debit card (pray that there is cash in checking account) and call Steve.
6:30pm: driving home in pouring rain. And then it dawns on me. The last time I used my credit card was at the gas station yesterday. Three possible places it could be...my pants pocket, my jacket pocket or someone eles's pocket who picked it up from the gas station ground. Called Steve. He found it in my jacket pocket. Instant relief.
Kids are now in bed, I am ready to sleep it all off and start the day off fresh tomorrow. Mostly it was the almost full hour of screaming crying that Claire did that sent me over the edge.
Tomorrow will be better. It has to be.

No comments: