Today was the day of the Crim 8K race that I have been training for since Rose was seven weeks old. I decided to do it when my best friend Erin was like "come on Liz, you can do it, who cares if you just had a baby, you'll be fine." Ok, that sounded like a challenge to me. (hee hee, not really but I like a challenge so I turned it into one!)
One thing I should have prepared myself better for were hills. There were a couple serious steep hills on the run!! But I managed to pull out pretty good in the end.
My results were 405th place out of 760 people. In my age bracket I placed 26 out of 66. My run time was 50 min and 58 seconds, that was a pace of 10 min 16 seconds per mile. The 8K is just under five miles.
Erin's time was 50 min 29 seconds placing 385 out of 760 and her husband had the exact same time placing him at 384 out of 760.
I fell behind after the first hill but caught back up with them until the end when we all started going our own paces.
It was a cool experience with the people cheering for you, the bands playing through the run, getting water and choosing not to drink it and just throwing on yourself (that's why I look so wet in the picture) and just seeing all the different people who were able to participate in the race. There were a lot of people that were over 60 running this race! The only bummer was not getting the race started at a pace we wanted. We had to run around the slower people and get where everyone was spread out. That took almost five minutes I would say. Oh yeah, and our shirts say "Team Mom" on the front and "buns on the run" on the back. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment