Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Ella's first day of Kindergarten






Today was Ella's first day of Kindergarten and we were all very excited. She had a good time on the bus that picked her up at 8:40 (will be 8:30 when they get the route down pat). She got off the bus a little after 4:30 (it will be 4:30). That is a long day for a little lady! actual school times are 9 to 4. She ate lunch at school which happens to be the last lunch of the day at 12:40. They do get a snack in the morning...thank god or else she would not last!

Me and Steve met her at the school and took her to her classroom. We stayed for the parent meeting and then we were out of there by 10:30. I only teared up a little and Ella didn't see it, so I think I did well! Once I got home it took me a few hours to get my groove back. Every time Claire heard a loud truck she would think that it was Ella's bus and would run to the door.

I was all happy when she got home, but that has quickly changed. I am feeling all anxious all over again...when Ella got home, she was clearly tired. She was also acting out something fierce! I think the day was overwhelming for her and she realized that she has to go back bright and early tomorrow! I am worried about her. I am upset that she is acting out, but mostly because I know she is acting out because she stressed! My baby is stressed! I know she will adjust, but it breaks my heart to know that she is overwhelmed by the whole thing. She is a strong little girl and has never gotten upset about school. I guess we will see what happens as the rest of the week goes on.

No comments: