This summer, I went up north to Crystal Mi with my best friend Erin and her kids. Claire was not going to come with us this year. She has proven to not be able to sleep somewhere that isn't her bed. It is a horrible situation that I am not pleased about. Last year it started. She would wake up in the middle of the night and not go back to sleep. Scream, and cry or just be up and want to play. We didn't take any trips after that dreadful summer of a few trips. Then we tested the Claire sleeping with a sleep over at Grandma Maggie's house. She woke up every hour. It was HORRIBLE for them. Clearly she has sleep issues. She is a very light sleeper and if she wakes up in an area that isn't what she is used to, she doesn't want to go back to sleep. I pray this will be over soon because I would like to take a trip as a family this winter to a water park. We shall see...
SOOO, Steve stayed home with Claire and I took Rose and Ella up with me. But on Sunday, Steve came up for the day with Claire since it was only two hours away. We were gone from Sunday to Tuesday. It was peaceful because the girls were away from each other and there was no fighting.
The other bonus is that Rose has moved from sleeping in her carseat to sleeping in her crib all night. (she still wakes up in the middle of the night for a feeding but she out of our room..a huge accomplishment for the Vachon household!!)
We had a blast up north taking the boat out, eating, tubing a little bit, eating, swimming, eating, having some time to chat without the kids around when they were in bed, eating, working on our tans, and eating. Did I mention we ate? A LOT!
Thanks again to Erin for a wonderful getaway!
No comments:
Post a Comment