
I had an ultrasound today and I wasn't expecting to find out the sex today. I am only 15 weeks so I didn't even think it was possible to determine that just yet. I wasn't expecting to find out until Christmas or just after. So it was a big surprise when the lady said she knew what the sex was if we wanted to know. Well, we couldn't say no of course! How could you? I asked her at least 100 times if she was sure...even on my way out the door, I said..."so your really sure?" I made her tell me that she was excellent at what she does. She was being modest but I wanted her to brag about how good she was so I could believe her more.
It has been an adjusting kind of day. I felt guilty about feeling bad about having a girl. Of course, all we really want is a happy, healthy baby. I just have been feeling sick and this pregnancy has been so different than the other two. Of course, I thought it was going to be a boy. Foolishly, I had convinced myself it was a boy. I should have known better. Every pregnancy is different. I am also more tired this time because I already have two kids to chase after! I should be more sick and tired! How could you not?
The good news is the adorable outfit that I bought for Claire for Thanksgiving will get worn again. I was feeling guilty about buying it because she really didnt' need another dress. Guess I can let that guilt go.
Guilt...that seems to be the tone of my life these days! It's an Italian thing. I think I was born feeling guilty about something. ha!
I will be having a more indepth ultrasound Dec 22nd. They want to check the baby's heart because Steve has a double aortic arch. It is VERY rare and I am not worried that the baby has this. But they have the technology to look for it, so they said they might as well. I will get more pictures I am sure, and a 3D ultrasound, which I am looking forward to. I will post more pictures when that time comes. For now, this was the best one we got today. I wonder if this one will have brown eyes like me? :)
1 comment:
Congratulations Liz! Maybe you'll change your mind after this one arrives and try again for a boy! It took my parents 4 tries before they got one! Hope you have a great thanksgiving!
Post a Comment