Monday, November 3, 2008

bad day

This late afternoon at work, as my students were cleaning up, giving me their crayons, and getting their coats and backpacks, I had a little girl fall on her head, jam the frame of her glasses into her forhead and had to be sent to the hospital with her mom to get stitches. When I picked her up off the floor, it was so obvious that she was going to need stitches. The cut was DEEP. The kids were all over the place, running and laughing and being kids who were ready to go home. As I was telling them all to calm down and walk to their book bags, I turn around and see this little girl holding her body weight on two chairs (one hand on each chair) swinging her legs back and forth. Literally, as I am telling her to get down, she falls flat on her face.

This was not a fun way to end the day. Had to stay later at work to fill out the accident report and call the director of the ISD so she knew what was happening. (standard protocol). I am so tired, I am ready to for bed. I hope the little girl is ok. She is going to need a lot of stitches...she is so cute too...she isn't one of the ones that deserved to fall their face just for being little pissants.

No comments: