Tuesday, July 22, 2008

No More MONKEYS


Today, I went to Pete and Susan's house. My Mom was watching them (most of you know she took over for me almost a year ago). We were hanging out and having a good time. Mom and I were cleaning up lunch and yelling at the kids to stop running around. Joey was chasing Ella and Ella was refusing to get her clothes on. (she had been playing dress up, but we were going to paint poster boards for Claire's bday, so she needed her clothes back on). Joey was up on the ottoman in their living room. I told him to get down, and turned around and walked away. We are now assuming he jumped of the ottoman and hurt his ankle. He was crying, shaking, and sweating from pain. We all know that Joey can be dramatic but this was not acting. His ankle swelled up, and his knee looked a little swollen too. We iced him and elevated his leg. Susan is going to take him in to see a doctor tomorrow. He is doing well with motrin and ice. He can't put any weight on it, and he won't let you move his ankle. It is either broken or badly sprained. Both Mom and I feel HORRIBLE. I feel like if we hadn't come over, he wouldn't have been chasing Ella and he wouldn't' have jumped and hurt himself. Mom is just so upset that this happened on her watch. Both of us are being ridiculous and in my head I know that kids are crazy and do stupid things. Could have happened when Mom and Dad were home.

Honestly though, I am just shocked that it wasn't Claire the half human half monkey child. I had money on her being the first kid in the family to have a serious injury.

I will update as I know more!

No comments: