So here is the thing, Steve knows this was stupid, but he has done this before, but we know he won't do this again. Yesterday evening, we were playing outside, and it was getting close to the time to go inside and have the girls go to bed. Claire was asking to play with Steve's cell phone, but I said no because he just got a new phone. So he gave him his metal wallet. It is shiny and pretty and it made her stop crying. Well, both me and Steve got a little distracted. I went in the house to check on Pancake (she had had a long run with us and was really tired, I wanted to make sure she was ok). Steve was helping Ella use her roller skates. When I came back outside, Claire helped me move the van in the garage as we were getting ready to clean up and go in. So she played in the van for a few minutes and then we went inside and put the girls to bed. Steve and I watched a movie and then we were heading to bed. Steve was emptying his pockets and realized that he didn't have his wallet. After he found out that I didn't take it back from her, we both went outside to look for it. After over an hour of looking for it, we came up empty. We looked EVERYWHERE. I searched that van high and low. We were digging through the flower beds, we were looking in the drain by the corner of our yard (Claire likes to put rocks down there, thought maybe she would have put the wallet down there too). We had the flash light, we were searching under things, in garbage, in recycling bins, in yard waste bags that were in our garage (there were over 20 of them, we got a tree trimmed). Then i thought, maybe you took it back and didn't remember, so we searched places it might have just fallen out of his pocket. We tore apart the couch (found a missing slipper that has been gone for at least a year, a head band and a bracelet, but no wallet) We searched Ella's room with a flash light, since Steve had been the one to put her to bed. We woke her up a little by searching her covers, and stupidly asked her if she had seen it. She said no and went back sleep. STILL NO LUCK. Then we thought it might be possible that it was left on the driveway and then someone stole it. So we checked the credit card and bank, and there was no activity. But in the end we canceled the credit card and his bank cards just in case, then went to bed.
Steve looked some more this morning and had no luck still. I went out after I got up and took Claire with me. I kept asking her if she knew where Daddy's wallet was. She kept saying "IDUNNO" I was back searching the van, and I got out and took a step back and was just glancing around the garage, and then...I SAW IT. Can you find it?
We passed by it about a million times in our search....
Metal on metal was a wee bit hard to spot. Claire had placed it on the ladder rung. And the kicker is that I had told her to stop climbing it and i pulled her off of it. I didn't remember doing that as I am always pulling her down from somewhere she shouldn't climb.
Lesson learned, don't give valuables to small children. The whole ordeal cost us a little less sleep and $15 bucks. The credit card company charged us that much to get new cards expedited to us so we can have our new cards by wednesday.
It's a good thing she is cute.
1 comment:
Hillarious...only because it's not my wallet!
Post a Comment