So here is the skivvy on the kids in school. Wow, how awesome when the kids go to school right? You get some time off, you are excited about their independence, and it's just one more step away from the baby life we have been living for so long. I was excited. But now many days it's just stressful! They are sent out into the world and you are no longer in charge, and can't help them with the little things they sometimes need their Mommy or Daddy for.
Claire has been telling me she does not like school. Every Tues and Thurs she whines and says she doesn't want to go. This breaks my heart, but I don't let her know this. She is going! It's twice a week for two and half hours, COME ON KID! Suck it up, it's not that bad! I know the teachers, and I am comfortable with them (ella had them last year). We had the one pee accident but we have moved past that (for fear of having to wear "boy clothes" at school...this was something she started when I put a t-shirt on her after she peed at home and she thought they were boy clothes and cried so now she is just afraid to pee in her clothes). So today I drop her off and falls on the way over to hanging her name on the apple tree. Well the water works start. She won't stop crying, and she is clinging to me like a baby monkey: both arms and legs wrapped around me so tight I could barely breath. I look at the teacher and say, this is it...she tells me she hates school, what is going on? The teacher just said "if you could only see her two mintues after you leave." She is a leader in the classroom, and she is learning how to resolve her issues with other kids by using her words and not being a tadle tale. She is happy and loves school." Ok, Claire...the gig is up. I know for sure that I have been played. Done worrying about Clarie!
Ella came home from school and was in tears because she got a "so-so" card at school for something she didn't do. She said the next to her wrote on her table and she got blamed. She has told met that this little girl has colored on her paper before. She also said the little girl is calling her names. Ella was so upset, so I knew she was not making this up. Recently at school she got punched in the head by a boy that didn't want to be her boyfriend. She didn't tell the teacher and told me about it, but wasn't crying. She was kind of shocked that the boy didn't want to be her boyfriend and that he punched her. I told her to leave him alone (because I did witness her teasing him so she probably teased him so much that he just had to smack her) and she moved on. But this time with this little girl getting her in trouble and calling her names; it just really put her over the edge and was very upset. I ended up email the teacher to find out if there was another side of the story. It's a fine line I feel like when you want to talk to the teacher about what is going on with your kid at school. I don't want the teacher to peg me as "one of those mom's" that whines and cries every time their kid has a bad day. I am not that parent. But After I remembered that this was the same little girl that was bothering her last week and now put her into tears, I had to say something.
I saw Ella's teacher in the hallway when I was picking up CLarie today and she hadn't gotten back to me in the email but was very nice and said that she would just seperate them. Obvisouly they were not getting along and they were not clicking as friends so she was just going to have them sit at seperate tables. I was relieved that she was so nice about it, and that she recognized that not all kids get along. Ok, don't have to worry about Ella (at least for now).
I was so happy for the break I was going to get from the kids being in school, but who knew it would make me worry about them even more! Parenting really DOES get harder as they get older!!! Infants are EASY!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment