Sunday, October 11, 2009

Halloween Costumes

Every year since Ella was a baby, we have done themes:
First year: I was a bee, Ella was a flower and Steve was a flower pot (hand made pot)
Second year: The Flintstones: Wilma, Fred and Pebbles
Third Year: Ella was Cinderella, Steve was the prince, I was the Fairy Godmother and Claire (couple months old) was the pumpkin.
Fourth year: Super heroes: Steve and I were Batman/Batgirl, Ella was Super girl and Claire was Wonder Woman.
Fifth year:Wizard of Oz: Ella was Dorothy, Claire was Glinda, Steve was the Scarecrow, I was was the Wicked Witch and Pancake was the Tin Man. Also this year, Pancake was a pancake with a pad of butter and syrup for her dog obedience school party.(we did not win the contest..boo!)
If I was really into this blog right now, I would have pictures of all of this, but it's late, and I'm tired. Anyway, each year we pretty much let Ella pick the themes minus the first year when she was only ten months old. Well, probably the second year she didn't pick either. But all the other years she has picked what she wanted to be and we molded the theme around her.

This year, after much debate, she decided she wanted to be a butterfly (she wanted to be Eve from Wall-E but changed her mind). Claire wanted to be Tinker Bell after she got that costume for her birthday. So I thought, we could work with this. I would be the bee again, Rose could be a lady bug and Steve could be a garden nome and Pancake could be a flower. Bug/garden theme...it works right?

But then I remembered a really cool/cheap costume for a baby using the front pack carrier. We pretty much take Rose everywhere in that carrier so it would be perfect. Oh and I had already changed my mind on the lady bug and returned it and got her a bee costume because it was cuter and cheaper. But now that is going back....Rose is going to be a spider. Steve is going to carry her in the carrier and he will be the spider web. It's going to be great! We will do this for Zoo Boo.

But ON Halloween, Rose will stay home with me passing out candy while Steve takes the kids trick or treating. So I thought it would be funny if Rose was in the front pack, and was just herself. But I wear a black wig, and attach seven other baby dolls to me and be Octo-Mom. Yes, it's going to be great. I am so excited about this!!! So I am messing up the theme, but whatever...this is too good to pass up and Rose is only going to be this little once. It's totally perfect. I have to work on my crazy talk though. Steve thought about going as a sperm but he thought too many kids might ask about that and he didn't feel comfortable with that. haha!

***thank you to random fb person that I don't know who commented on someone else's post that I do know for the inspiration for this idea*** Stay tuned for pictures...haha! As if you would expect anything less from me!

No comments: