Monday, October 26, 2009

Holy Bee's Nest Batman!




The other day when leaving the house, we spotted a large bee's nest in our tree. We were curious to know if there were any bees inhabiting it, but also very scared! (at least I was!!!) So tonight, Steve decided to check it out. Ella wanted to help but he told her she had stay on the porch and if he yelled "RUN" then she was to run into the house. I stood at the door watching the stupidity of this whole ordeal. Steve got up on the ladder after a few attempts at throwing sticks at the tree. He found out that there were no bees in the nest. He cut down the limb it was on and we were shocked at how big it was! It was bigger than Steve's head (which is pretty darn big). The girls thought it was so cool. I still think it is scary but I think that is because I am the only true girl in the house! LOL! Anyway, I was told that I should bring this into Ella's school because one of the male third grade teachers would want to have it in their classroom. So I have to be a big girl and bring this into the school tomorrow. Pray for me.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

At least it was empty! I'm like you though...stay as far away as possible!