Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Claire's first day of school






The day finally came! We talked about it for MONTHS! We thought it would never come! We thought she would never get to go (due to potty issues) but we got through everything...we lasted the summer, she wears undies all the time, we got the new dress and pack back and she was ready to go!!!

Some kids were crying when their Mom's dropped them off, but not Claire. Walked right in, put her back pack on the correct hook, got her name tag, sat down and started playing. I told the teacher good luck and ran out the door. :)

When I picked her up she was very happy to see me and gave me an extra tight hug. On the way to the car, she started melting down. Hunger had set in. She told me her favorite part of school was eating lunch (they had a snack but to her that was lunch) and then she started crying. She said she was a baby and she didn't like school. She was distracted by Grandma Maggie who came to greet her and gave her first day of school flowers. After lunch, she was better. She had a good time I am sure, and lord knows I had a good time while she was gone. It's lame but the grocery store had never been more fun. And when I had to sit down to feed Rose, I turned on the TV....YES, the TV! DURING THE DAY!!! I watched 20 min of The View!!! Wow, I felt like such an adult. LOL!

No comments: