Thursday, April 23, 2009

This is why we have a zoo membership








Today I went to the zoo with my friend Karen and her baby Sloan. We go to the zoo a lot and take everyone we possibly can. This was the first sunny and semi-warm day in about a week. (and from here on out, it's going to get warmer and nicer..LOVE IT!) Anyway..because it wasn't so hot, the animals were really active. I have only seen the polar bears in the water tunnel twice. Today two polar bears were in there, and they were play fighting. It was the coolest thing we had ever seen. The crowd got very big (a lot of school field trips today) and we were all laughing and screaming. It was like watching national geographic. One bear got a ball and started dribbling it like a basketball! It was so cool. The polar bears are still my favorite at the zoo!

And I would like to note that I thought my girls were going to pass out on the way home, but they did not. And now they won't stop running around. All I want them to do is relax, but they won't do it! Oh well, after dance/gymnastics tonight, they are going to pass out.

I also decided not to take 696 home because it is down to two lanes. I was taking Woodward to Square Lake to Telegraph. Well I screwed it up. I got lost. All I have to say is thank goodness for my Garmin. Although at one point I wanted to throw it out of the window because it told me to turn left on a street that I couldn't turn left on! I managed to get out of the scary part of Pontiac and get back on track. Because of my long detour, it took me an hour to get home. I probably could have just taken 696 and sat in the traffic and avoided the whole headache!

No comments: