Today we had an impromptu adventure with Erin, Liam and Delaney. We took off to Holly, Mi (only a half hour from our house, just straight up Milford Rd) and went to an indoor playground called Safari Play Place. Erin had been here before and assured me that I would be able to just hang out and watch the kids play. I have been to Castaway Cafe in Howell and I will never go back. It was hell. The play structure was three stories high and the whole thing was so huge that you could easily loose your kids (especially Claire) and so as the parent, you had to go up with them and slide down these monstrous slides. Basically it is a parent death trap, but that is just my opinion.
Erin told me this place was the same idea, only much smaller, and MUCH cleaner. She was beyond 100% right. The way I would describe this place is much like a Mac Donald's meal (I had Mac Donald's today so this seems like a good way to make my description) It's like a "large" version of a Mac Donald's play place, whereas Castaway Cafe was the "super-sized" cracked out version of a Mac Donald's playplace. Do you get where I am going here?
Anyway, the kids played for well over an hour, and Erin and I sat and watched. They ran around, climbed up things, went down some slides and had a blast. The best time to go to this place is when all the other kids are in school. There was no one there! By the time we left, there were probably three other families there. No more than ten kids were playing, I would say. I can't wait to go back just to tire the kids out. Perfect place for that!
***in other news***I have been cooking up a storm and will finish all the cooking with my Mom this Sunday. I wanted to have lots of meals my children will eat, in the freezer for when baby comes. It has been exhausting work, but it's getting done. I went to the doctor on monday and he said my legs were a little swollen, but when I told him what I had already done that morning (it was about 10 when I saw him and I had already changed sheets on three beds, and cooked two meals) he understood why. I am very much looking forward to my Spa day on Monday. Until then, I am just making bows for the Relay For Life event, cooking, and keeping up with the laundry! Most days I am ready for a nap by noon, but I keep trudging on because there is just no on else to do this crap!
No comments:
Post a Comment