We did it. We finally said it was time to get the girls in the same room together to sleep. We knew this was going to be a difficult transition, and it appears it will take a few days/weeks to get all the kinks out. So it is good we are doing this now. Plus, it has gotten me motivated to get the nursery ready. All the baby stuff was at Mom's house, collecting dust in the basement. I needed to get it back and wash it all before the baby came. This month is extremely busy for us, and knowing that we had so much to was actually making me want to procrastinate more. That is not really my personality either, so it was a little frustrating!
Yesterday, Claire had no nap. It was also our datenight. We got home around 10. The girls were headed off to bed at around 10:20. I read them a story as they cuddled together in the bottom bunk. I sent Ella up to her top bunk and kissed them good night. I made it down the steps and that is when I heard Ella telling Claire she needed to go to sleep. Claire kept calling Ella, and Ella would tell her to go to sleep, and Claire would say "NO!" Great...it's 10:30! GO TO SLEEP!!! (normal bedtime around here is 7:30, they should be exaugsted!!!) So I go back up there. Ella is crawling into bed with Claire to help her to go to sleep. I send Ella back up to her bed, and tell them both to go to sleep. I had to go back up there two more times before I won the battle. I basiecally told them they could not talk to each other until the morning. They listened and passed out.
The morning came and they were up at 7. (no matter what time they go to bed, they still get up early). Ella had to pee, and Claire wanted to get out of the room too. (we have a gate on the door sto that Claire won't get up and walk around the house). So Ella let her out because Claire started crying. Ella knows that there needs to be quiet in the morning so she was doing her best to follow the rules. Claire didn't go into our room, she just headed down the steps looking for us. That caused more crying. Steve got up with them (his turn).
So we have some things to work out. Sometimes they get up VERY early...there have been times they have been up before 6. But they are not allowed to be out of their rooms except to pee. So keeping Claire in the room is going to be trouble. We are NOT getting up that early. Claire is going to have to figure out that we don't get up that early in this house. Also, naptime is something we are going to be testing out today. I don't know how it is going to go. New room, new routines....it is just going to be a test. If she doesn't sleep, she is going to be stuck in the room for at least an hour and a half or mandetory rest time. And going to sleep is going to be another thing to work out...Claire takes longer to fall asleep than Ella, and has been known to walk around the room, read books, and sometimes fall asleep at her door. Ella will probably yell at Claire a lot to go back to bed. Ugh...this kind of change is not my favorite because I know it means less sleep for everyone...and that makes EVERYONE crabby!! I will keep y'all posted on the latest developments.
OH and Pancake is now in our bedroom. I am so tired of the crate in our kitchen. We trained her to LOVE her crate and we tried to get rid of it and she was not happy. That is her safe haven. But it is SOO big for our tiny house. I would love to just store the crate and pull it out when we have people over who are not dog lovers like us. But that isn't an option for us yet. So the crate in our bedroom...it's soooo big. Once we can move, we will have more space for a dog crate. Right now, it feels a little claustrophobic. And Pancake woke me up last night when she shifted her crate...I wasn't very happy about that. No one wants me to sleep! They will soon learn that Mommy needs sleep or Mommy is not a happy person. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment