Just what I expected would happen, has happened and then some. We let Claire take an hour nap yesterday because she needed it badly. We didn't let her sleep her full nap because we wanted a smooth bedtime. She napped just fine in the new room...staying up till 10:30 and then waking up at 7 will help with instant falling asleep at naptime.
She was a royal crab the rest of the day. We put them to bed at 7:30, normal time. Ella somehow managed to fall asleep with Claire making lots of noise. Claire is used to walking around her room, getting books and crawling back into bed. That is kind of how she relaxes to go to sleep. Luckily Ella slept through that...probably from being so tired from the late night before. Well, Claire was being VERY loud. She kept wanting to talk to Ella. She also climbed up the ladder (something we already told her numerous times she was not allowed to do), got into Ella's bed, and reached over to get snow globes on a high shelf. I recently purchased those shelves for the snow globes that Ella collects so that Claire would be able to reach them. So much for that idea. She got the snow globes and went back to her bed with them. Steve and I took turns telling her to be quiet and go to sleep. The last straw was really the snow globes. She cannot be climbing that ladder in the dark! I know she is very limber and probably would be ok, but I don't want to take the chance of her falling. But I can't take down the ladder because Ella needs to be able to get up and down. It was ten minutes to ten that I think she finally fell asleep.
Then morning comes. Ella woke up first because she went to sleep first. Ella woke up Claire! And when Claire wakes up, it is all systems go for the day...there is no relaxing or cuddling in bed first..it is just time to get up! Ella wanted to cuddle with Claire in Claire's bed, but we all had to get up at that point because Claire was throwing a fit. It was close to when we normally wake up so that wasn't a big deal. But there are some mornings that Claire gets up VERY early...530 or 6...and that is a morning I am not going to be happy about. She is going to have to be trained to stay in bed till mommy and daddy are up..just like Ella is trained.
And Pancake...oh Pancake...she got three nights in our room, but she has been kicked out. She makes too much noise. I have taken down the crate. I hate that huge crate. I feel like am suffocating in the house with it. She is fine in the house alone as long as bathroom doors are closed and toys are picked up. We really only need the crate when we have guests over who are not dog lovers as well as parties (she is still so crazy that she gets on my nerves when she is underfoot with lots of people around). So at night, she will be gated in the downstairs...we have two gates that will keep her downstairs. That will help with the morning routine because if we have some early risers, she won't come upstairs asking to go out at an ungodly hour. At least my dog issue is an easy fix!
I ordered this night light today that has two pictures on it. One picture is a bunny walking and the other picture is a bunny sleeping. The idea is that you teach your child it is ok to get up when the bunny is walking and that it is still bedtime when the bunny is sleeping. I hope it comes in the mail this week.
I know this will just take some time to get them used to it but right now, the lack of sleep and frustration in the whole matter is making it hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
No comments:
Post a Comment