Friday, October 17, 2008

pregnancy migraines

So after about a week of trying to figure out if I really was suffering from migraines or if I was just tired, I have officially figured it out. It's migraines. Every night. 15-20% of pregnant woman suffer from this, lucky me. It starts around 7 (sometimes earlier if I am lucky) and it is a dull ache in my forehead or temples. The pain gets worse in about an hour, and it is pretty unbearable. I have to go into my dark bedroom, put a cold washcloth on my head, try not to puke because I get very nauseated. I think what really got me to believe that I am suffering from Migraines was when I tried to read Ella a book and the letters were getting mixed up. I couldn't focus on them. And last night when I tried to check my email after the girls went to bed, everything was all blurry, and I just had to give up. I watched My Name is Earl with one eye open basically because the bright TV's flashing lights were not helping my situation, I gave up and went to bed.

I am incredibly frustrated with feeling like this. Luckily, it really is just at night. It is a rare day when I feel bad during the day. Thank god. I am sure to all who read this feel that I am a huge whiner and all I do is complain about this pregnancy, however, this is the only place I do complain so read it or not, this is where I vent.

I don't seem to have any triggers other than being tired. I have no food issues, I am not eating too much chocolate (in fact, the past two days, I haven't had any, I have been keeping track since I was trying to figure out if these head aches were migraines). I am not sure if Tylenol would help, if I could even get it down...I can't even get my toothbrush in my mouth when I am feeling that sick.

Yes, I will be talking to my doctor about this for all you worried parents out there (ie mom and dad). I have my next appt on monday. But I am pretty sure there is nothing I can do about it except go to bed and sleep.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

I feel for you Liz. I get migraines (thankfully only a few times a year) but they are extremely debilitating! Hang in there - hopefully it will only be a little while longer before you're feeling "normal" (if it's possible to feel normal during pregnancy). :-)