Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Halloween fun






Couple things about Halloween here:
Last Friday, Steve took the girls to visit Great Grandpa Phil at his assisted living place, and they got tons of candy trick or treating to all the residents. Grandpa was happy to have someone there from the family to show off. And they got tons of great chocolate candies...my favorite! :)

Also, just to let you all know, I am offically crafty. Oh yes, that's right. I am crafty!! There is a really annoying Mom at Claire's parent-tot class that makes hair bows.(and other stuff and she brags about it and we are all sick of hearing about it, but that is a whole other blog...anyway) She was explaining how she did it and it sounded too easy. I got the directions online(because I think she is annoying and she offended my friend...so even though she said she was going to give me the directions on how to do it, I decided I didn't want her directions and found them online myself, so there!) and made Ella and Claire some Halloween ones. Ella's was easy to make. Claire's was a bit harder, I learned my lesson not to make the smaller ones...it was a little trickier to tie all the ribbon together. But in the end, they both turned out very cute. Soooo, if you have a little girl (or three...ahem, Stephanie) you can expect to see some of these popping up in your mailbox or under your christmas tree this year. I am so excited about this!! (oh yeah, Stephanie, if you think Isabella or even sophia would think these are babyish, than let me know and I will just do Ava).
oh yes, I am crafty.

Well, craftiness runs in the family because Steve has crafted a costume for Pancake that is hilarious. It wasn't our idea, it was our dog trainer's idea, but Steve has completed it, and Pancake is going to be sporting it tonight at class. There is a costume contest for the dogs tonight, and I am really thinking Pancake is going to win. I am not going to give it away, but there will be pictures taken tonight, and I will post them asap. So stay tuned!

It's funny to me that even Pancake gets a Halloween party! Tonight is her's, Ella's party is Wednesday (as to not interfere with older kids who are having their party on friday and mom's who might have to go to that) and Claire's is on Friday. We were supposed to go to the Library today to go trick or treating through the township offices that are right in the same parking lot, but we skipped it. Between zoo boo, Sunrise assisted living, the parties and Halloween, we have plenty of candy. And well the real reason we skipped the library is because I was too tired and too into making my bows!!! The kids didn't know, so I don't feel bad about it.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

My name is in a blog...yipeee...I'm famous!!!! LOL!

My girls love their hairbows and you are way more crafty than I have been about bows.

And...way to stick it to the braggy mom!