So there was a lot of discussion today about dessert. There was also a lot of discussion today about dog's barfing and crapping. These two things do not generally go together as topics of conversations, but anything goes at our house apparently! After we got Pancake feeling a bit better (not sure what happened, pretty sure she ate something she shouldn't have and we all paid for it!) we moved on to talking about how much dessert was necessary for a dinner birthday celebration for my Dad. We made a cupcake cake and it was way smaller than I expected it to be. I had all the fixins for chocolate chip cookies so I made a giant heart shaped cookie. The kids made some cupcakes from a kit that Ella got for her birthday. I didn't count that as dessert because I kind of knew no one would eat them. So we had a small cake and a giant cookie. Steve said this was enough. But it just seemed like two of the same kind of desserts. They were both chocolaty. I was really thinking we needed something else. Steve basically told me I was nuts and was ready to drive me to the loony bin. Ignoring him and calling the other Italian woman in my life who would understand, Mom confirmed with me that another dessert would be just fine. There was talk of a pie, or brownies but both just did not seem right. Cannoli's was the perfect solution to the dilemma.
All of us enjoyed a good dinner and lots of dessert. And since there was not one complaint, I think I made a great decision! Now if you will excuse me, I have to go eat some dessert for the next four to five days. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment