Oh yes, we have SUCCESS! Claire had no accidents today. She happily peed on her potty all day, and managed to squeeze out one little tiny poop. (very tiny, but she still got two stickers and five M&M's as promised). She peed so much today, got tons of stickers on her chart, and ate lots of M&M's. And always naked. For whatever reason, she feels that she needs to disrobe completely in order to pee. Whatever, she is peeing and I am fine if she wants to be naked.
We only have one theory as to why she suddenly decided to go potty. This morning she was playing with her pink potty. She was pushing it around, putting it on her head, etc. We got upset with her and told her it was not a toy and that we were taking it away unless she left it in one spot. She was VERY upset with us, and wanted her potty back. We gave it back with the condition that it was not a toy and it had to stay put. She was fine with this, and went ahead and peed in it after the tantrum was over. And that was it, she just kept on peeing all the live long day! It was almost like she felt she won the fight because she got to keep her potty, so she felt in control of the situation. Which is exactly what she wanted. We went bowling this morning and her pull up was dry. (I am not ready to let her be in just undies when we leave the house). So when I pointed this out to her, she said, "oh watch me pee" and disrobed and did her stuff. It is so exciting!! I hope that she will keep it up! I think we are very much on our way!
1 comment:
Yay claire!!! Keep up the good work :-)
Post a Comment