After being asked last night on the phone if we had chosen a baby name, I wasn't sure if Steve was ok with us telling. I talked it out with him, and he caved. He says he doesn't care. With Ella, we didn't know if she was a boy or girl, and we didn't tell our name picts either. With Claire, we knew she was a girl and but we kept the name a secret. This time, we know it all and we are going to share it all. The only problem with telling people our baby name is that people don't always keep opinons to themselves before the baby is born. That was always my reason for not telling because once the baby is born, people don't make faces, or say, that's "different." But I LOVE this name and honeslty could care less if other people like it or not.
Our baby girl will be named Rosalie Grace Vachon. Rosalie is Italian origin (I always wanted an Italian name that wasn't "dego" sounding) and it means Rose. We can call her Rose, but I will probably always call her by her full name. I am not too fond of Rosie, but if it fits her, we will see. Right now, I only think of Rosie O'Donelle. So as nicknames go, don't start calling her Rosie, I will break your face, Italian style. Grace is from the English Origin and means Grace of God.
2 comments:
I love it Liz! It's your baby and your choice and others should just keep their mouth shut if they don't like it! :-)
I love it! Beautiful choice. I love Rose and Rosie (Rosie reminds me of Calliou's baby sister). :-)
Post a Comment