Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Back to school? Back to the beach!


Me and Erin

I didn't loose my shoe, I swear!


I'm so cute! Even though Mommy accidentally kicked dirt on me!


The shoe!


Horray, we found it!!!


Today, everyone was in school. Except, of course, our little preschoolers and toddlers and babies. My girlfriend and I took our children (four total) to a beach by her house. There was NO ONE there when we got there. It was a hot day, perfect for getting super wet and sandy. We had a blast! We noted that this might be the best time to go to the beach. All the big kids were at school!! It was also great because the kids all played really nicely.

We had one small problem the whole day. When we got there, Claire wanted her shoes off. I was helping Erin set up the pack and play crib for her baby,(Delaney) so she didn't have to hold her the whole day. When I was ready to help Claire, she had only one shoe. The other one was no where to be found. There was no one at the beach, so no one could have walked off with it. There was no movement in the water, so it wasn't being sent out to "sea." We looked through everything. We could not find it. I had to give up, per Erin's orders. We had lunch, we went on with the day. I was accepting the fact that the shoe, her purple croc, the only shoes she wears, was gone.

I was walking with Claire on the beach and she stepped into a whole with water. She said, "shoes off." and then it hit me! The shoe must have got stuck in the sand. I upped the anti on who ever found the shoe would get $.50!!! We got shovels and started digging. Sure enough, the purple croc was WAY down in the sand, totally stuck. She must have sunk in the sand, and wiggled enough to push it way down, pulled her foot out, and it came out without the shoe. It was a wonderful feeling to find it. It was like finding buried treasure! And I forgot to pay up, so Ella reminded me at dinner. I am going to send Liam, my other little treasure hunter, his $.50.

No comments: