Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Summer vacation recap







Since today is the first day of school, I thought it was appropriate to update the family on what we did this whole summer.

The girls were in a lot of camps (Farm camp, Skull island camp, Princess party: Claire, and painting camp: Ella).

We did a lot of fun stuff outside. Half the summer was spent in some type of water. The water slide, our friend's pool, etc. It got to the point where Claire asked us if the museum we were going to had a pool. They pretty much expected a body of water every day. And it was good summer for that because it was hot. We went to the hands on museum in Ann Arbor, we went to the Toledo zoo, the kids went camping, they had endless amounts of playdates...overall it was a very busy summer.

We ended the summer with a big trip to Asheville North Carolina, where we had some awesome family time and attended Jim and Stephanie's wedding. We drove through beautiful mountains, saw some crazy wildlife (a baby bear included), climbed Chimney Rock, went to museums in Asheville, shopped, went white water rafting, toured the Biltmore Estate, and had a fabulous time with friends and family at the second best wedding/party. (you know I have to say second best because I am slightly biased of my own wedding).

Then we came home, had a week before school started and enjoyed our last week with not a whole lot of excitment. Sad to see the summer go away. It was a good one. Now on to the fall with lots of soccer, pumpkins, sweaters, jackets, snow....scratch that...no snow....I hate snow. I'm going pretend we won't be having snow. Oh and potty training Rose. *pray for me*

No comments: