Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First day of school





Today was the first day of school. A very big day for Claire bear because she started Kindergarten, all day, every day. She was excited and nervous. I have mixed feelings as well. I am so happy that she is going to kindergarten and VERY RELIEVED that the fighting that we have been having to deal with over the summer is now someone elses problem. The noise level in this house right now is....well....it's chirpin' crickets kind of quiet over here. *ahhhhh* Not going to lie, this is very nice. I was teary eyed as I said goodbye to yet another big girl in the house. I'm just sad because they grow up so fast. (Do not ask me if I am going to have another one, if you know me, you know the answer. LOL!!!)

Ella was excited and decided that the way to prepare for school this morning was reading....A LOT. She got up early and started reading. I don't know why she felt the need but she decided that it was crunch time and she better get in those extra minutes. She was greeted with a big hug from her teacher and some familiar faces from her peers. She is likely having an excellent day.

This will be an adjustment for Claire. When Ella started Kindergarten, she was almost 6. Claire just turned 5. I know she is going to be very tired when she gets home. She will be fine at school but I am prepared for the meltdowns in the evenings.

So as I send one to second grade and one to Kindergarten, Rosalie decides to potty train herself. She turned 2 in May and she is ready. She has been asking to go potty everyday and has success every time she goes. We bought big girl undies today and will probably start to wear those this week when we are home. I hate potty training but who knows....maybe the third one's the charm! So it's milestone week at the Vachon household!!!

** oh and my side note: WHO decided fall would come so freakin' fast. The dresses I had picked out for them for the first day of school should have been fine. Usually it's 85 or 90 on the first day of school. So here I am running around finding the freakin' winter tights and sweaters to put on them. Steve said just put them in pants. NO. I picked these out so that is what they are going to wear!!!***

No comments: