Steve and I participated in The Warrior Dash this year. It's the first year this race has come to Michigan. Over 20,000 people participated in the race. There were two days of insane mud mayhem, with heats running every half hour. About 600 people per heat. It's a 3 mile run with crazy obstacles throughout. Some of the obstacles were the tire and car wreck to climb over, waist deep water with logs you had to climb over, rope wall to climb, rock wall to climb with a rope to go down, a very low to the ground tent that you had to crawl through but was completely pitch black, waist deep mud bog you had to maneuver through, 20 foot tall cargo net to climb, fire to jump over, barbed wire to crawl under (with mud under you of course), and a few others that I am forgetting.
I know what you are thinking, and I don't care. It was so much fun, and this is coming from an anti-outdoorsy kind of girl! We did this race with some friends and we can't wait to do it again next year. Costumes are already being thought about. Yes, people did dress up. We all got a medal, viking helmet and t-shirt for participating. There was a large water truck to help clean us off, but I'm pretty sure we will be finding things for days. Steve pulled an inch long piece of hay out of his nose. That was disgusting. His arm pit hair is going to give me nightmares for the rest of my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment