Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I need a Hazmat Suit

Claire is sick. She has a stomach virus. So is Rosalie. Looking back, I believe that Rose started it all. Friday before I went to Grand Rapids, Rose puked after eating a full lunch. I was certain she just gagged on a teddy graham. I was freaked out about leaving because part of me wondered if she was sick. She took a massive nap that day but woke up so happy. She did have a big poop that night with Mom, but I wasn't there to witness it, so I was not able to make the diagnosis. Sunday, Claire got a stomach ache and started to have unusual poops. (I'm not gonna get too graphic here). Monday she had no poop at all and she was so happy and ate pretty well. Tuesday, she had more nasty poop but again, she was so happy and playing and only seemed to have a slight decrease in appetite. Because kids can have weird poops sometimes, I didn't think she was all that sick, if at all. Especially because she acted so normal.

Rose has not had normal poop for a few days. Today has been the worst. She just exploded. I literally hosed her down. She had her well visit today and they told me she was 16 pounds, 10 ounces. I'm pretty sure she is back down to her birth weight. Happy birthday to Rose.

We woke up this morning to Claire having major nasty poop in her pull up. Their room smelled like something worse than death. I currently have the windows open, laundry going, mattress on the deck airing out and a Scentsy warmer going. But Claire was so happy in the morning, I thought we could go to Rosalie's well visit. We were skipping dance though. We got to the well visit and then Claire pukes. Right there in front of the sign in. Poor little girl. Poor Mom, poor Pediatric Care Corner Staff. We got Claire cleaned up, did the well visit for Rose and went on our way.

Claire begged me for toast and I gave her some even though I was certain she was going to puke it up. She has kept it down. Then she took a shit that was the size of four sailors. I don't know how I know it would be four sailors, but I just know. She is tired, but happy. Rose is now asleep after her poop "issue" and I am now in my Mom Uniform: sweats and t-shirt. I am pretty sure I will have no skin left on my hands by the end of the day since I wash them every time I walk by the sink.

My stomach tells me that I am hungry but my brain tells me that I am not. I have had half of a bagel all day. I am contemplating food now that there has been a slight lull in the action. On the upside, my bathrooms are incredibly clean since every time someone uses them or has to get hosed down, I disinfect like crazy! Everything is sparkly!

Happy birthday to my sweet little Rose. Hope you are hungry for a cupcake tonight because I need some pictures of you to finish my project that I am doing for you!!! ;-)

No comments: