May 22 was the wedding of my Aunt and her fiance Rich. This wedding has been in a year in the making. Many of the details of the wedding were planned last minute but you wouldn't know it! This was one of the most beautiful, fun, and honestly, perfect weddings I have ever been too! Everything from the weather to the chairs at the reception hall were perfect. Wedding singer (aka Taco...that's for you Jim), DJ, 5 course meal, ice cream, wedding cake, sweets and fruit table, limo party bus, food and treats at Aunt Phyllis' house during marathon hair and makeup sessions, beautiful centerpieces (not all the same on the tables), two tiered head table (because there were 30 of us), hot hors d' oeuvres before dinner, open bar (mmmm good times), even little tiny wedding cake holders for the name cards for each person. Really every detail was perfect. I know that both my Aunt Phyllis and my Aunt Susie worked incredibly hard to make this day amazing. I am so happy that we got to be apart of it.
Ella, Claire, Ben, Maggie and Joey were excellent in the wedding. They all played their roles just the way they should. They were so adorable that they brought tears to my eyes when they walked down the aisle. And the dancing at the reception was hysterical. Joey has some moves I have never seen but they were fabulous. Maggie danced like it was her job. She is sooo awesome at it too. The grown ups were following her during the Macarena. Even Ben busted a move which was so fun to see! Claire would not leave the dance floor. She cried when she had to leave during the bride and groom dance. She found a little boy to dance with during a slow song and when she was whipped, she wanted you to hold her on the dance floor while you danced. I had to do this till she got passed off to my Dad and he held her till she fell asleep. Ella danced so much that she ripped her dress to shreds! Ella was so tired that on Monday morning that I had to wake her up to go to school. That has never happened. Ever. Rosalie did well for her age. She eventually passed out and my Aunt Mickey and Uncle John got to have a chance holding her. And I found out that they were plotting to steal her as well. ;-) During dinner, Claire was so wired that she spent a good part of an hour running circles around the table that I was sitting at. The waiters just moved seamlessly around her. She was the life of the party! They had two late nights and I am so proud of them for handling it well. Mad props to Uncle Jimmy for retrieving water from the limo so that Claire would stop melting down at the park we were at for pictures. Also an enormous thank you to Mom for helping take care of the girls during this event. And thanks to Dad for ushering the Flower children around on the wedding day! It took everyone to get through the day but it all worked out and we will all remember this day for many years to come!
Miss everyone in IL!!! So great to see the whole family! Next reunion should not be a wedding. It should be just a time to meet up and hang out. We needed more time to just sit and talk.
No comments:
Post a Comment