Soccer was a good time overall. Ella LOVED it. She ran around and was pretty aggressive when paired up with a girl who was much bigger than her. Ella never stopped running and playing and really enjoyed the whole experience.
Claire on the other hand did not like soccer at first, which was a BIG surprise to us. She is the most high energy kid and she loves to run and kick balls, so we wern't sure what to do. She was with Steve and she wouldn't let him put her down. She wanted to take off her soccer shirt, and kept saying she was done and wanted to go home. She seemed tired, and did almost fall asleep on the way there. So then Mommy took a try. She told me she had to go potty (one of her famous stalling tricks) but I took her anyway. I knew if she would just give it a try, she would have fun. So Mommy did what she knew would work...I bribed her to play. Mother of the year over here! Well, after I told her she could have something special after soccer if she played, she decided to play. Then she really got into it, and had a great time. And she also forgot about the bribe which is what I was expecting to happen anyway.
1 comment:
That's my favorite kind of bribery...the empty promises and the fact they forget.
I'm so glad they both gave it a try. Now, you know....if they like it you're going to end up like me running all over town for soccer practice.
Post a Comment