The story starts out scary, and ends with a hilarious bang. Last night, I was getting Claire into the tub. I pulled off the cinderella dress she had been wearing and knoticed that her stomach, back and part of her upper arms were blue. Like the color of a bruise, or a child who holds their breath. I first started to wipe it off of her, but it wouldn't come off. She was acting fine, had been running around and was happy. The Cinderella dress was not new, and had been washed and worn about a 100 times before with nothing to run off on skin. I rubbed it all over my skin and nothing came off. Panic sets in. My child is blue and I don't know why. Called the pediatrician and he didn't know what could be wrong but didin't see a problem with us getting her looked at in the ER. We spent three hours in the ER. They had no idea what was wrong with her. Her heart sounded great, she was breathing just fine. She was active and appeared to be a healthy (but blue) two year old. THey said to just watch her, and follow up with the pediatrician.
I broke down and cried my freakin eyes out. I had no idea what was wrong with my baby. She was blue for Crissake! Her hands and lips and feet were not blue. Just her torso area. I slept on her floor (sort of) with a flash light and was checking her skin through the night and made sure she was still breathing. The blue was faded. It was so much faced that I thought it was pretty much gone.
This morning I was doing laundry. I am sorting the clothes and I pick up the onsies that Claire had worn all day. It was inside out. The inside of it was BLUE. WHY WAS IT BLUE? I have NO CLUE. This was a new onesie. The outside of it was white. So when I thought about what she had been wearing during the day it never occured to me that at WHITE onsie would cause her to turn blue...but it does IF IT"S BLUE INSIDE!!
Am I totally embarressed. Yes, absolutly. But there was no explaination to her being blue, and she is my baby, and yeah, I PANICED! It really looked like it was under her skin. I am so relieved that there is actually nothing wrong with her and this will be one of those stores that we laugh about forever. Not only is she super tiny, she is also turning into a smurf. Oh lord....
No comments:
Post a Comment