Today was an excellent day for the zoo. And all of metro-Detroit thought it was as well. The cars were parked on the grass lining 696. It was busy but fun. We had six Mommies with their kiddos. There was Beth with Molly, Beth's friend April with Kate, Macy with Abby and Trevor, Erin with Liam, Delaney and friend Andrew, Karen with Sloan and myself with the Princesses. I don't really recall seeing very many animals at all. I am pretty tired from the whole day. Claire had an enormous meltdown when she discovered that I folded her sandwich instead of cutting it. This meltdown went on for what felt like an eternity. The child needed to eat but wouldn't. When she did eat, she ate her entire meal and was a happy little lady again. Note to self, don't get lazy when making sandwiches again!
We were able to stay together for the most part, but we did part our ways eventually. By the end, Macy and I were left at the Butterfly house. Macy and I were leaving at the same time when I spotted another friend with her kids! So we were at the zoo from 10:15 to 2:30! WHEW! I hope I got some color because it's Spring break! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment