I believe that her sleep patterns are all steve's fault. (apparently he woke early as a child) We DO have blackout blinds, and she gets virtually nothing to drink an hour and half before bedtime in hopes that she isn't waking up so early because she has to pee. I am at a loss. Some day i am sure I will be complaining that I can't get her out of bed. I just wish that someday was tomorrow. The upside is that she goes to bed freakin' early...only we usually have to deal with an over tired 4 year old who whines and cries at the drop of a hat from 6 to 7pm.
Claire woke up this morning not seeming like herself. She didn't eat breakfast, and we know that if Claire doesn't eat, something is wrong. Well, then she took almost a four hour nap today while Peter and Susan watched the girls (it was our date "night" only it was Sunday afternoon, but still awesome, food and movie, nice). After dinner, Claire took a major turn for the worse and spiked a fever of 103.2, under the arm. (which i was told by the nurse on the phone to add a degree because it wasn't an internal temperature, i wasn't aware of that with the underarm, i thought that was just with the ear...learn something new everyday i guess) And she was extremely lethargic and she was breathing rapidly...not like sher couldn't catch her breath, just breathing fast. So that is why i called the after hours hotline at the pediatricians office. They told us to watch her breathing and her attitude, and if it didn't change after some time with the motrin, than we needed to take her in to an urgent care. Her breathing became more normal, and she started to talk a little bit instead of just being a lump in my arms. I put her to bed, reluctantly...i just wanted to hold her, but steve said she should just go to bed. I am leaning towards getting her up and bringing her in our bed tonight. It is such a high fever and i am so scared of her having a seizure. I am sure she will be ok. But we will be heading to the doctor tomorrow if she doesn't perk up in the morning. No signs of ear pain, no stuffy nose, just high fever. I swear it is the curse of date night. Since the beginning of January, every time we schedule date night, one of the kids is sick...from strep to pink eye to pukes, it is always something! Don't they know that we need our time away from them too!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment