We went to the tree lighting ceremony because we were told we won a prize for the contest! It was bitterly cold that night and everyone was EXTRA cranky. The event was very unorganized. We got there and were told to find The White Lake Township Library people. We found the children's librarian and she had no idea where we should go. So she helped us find someone who might know what to do. A woman who was on the board of the library said she would help us find "Larry." Larry had our gift card. (yeah we won a gift card!) She couldn't find him. 20 or so minutes later, we found him. He said he would announce the winners and give us our gift card after a picture in front of the big tree holding our enormous house. We waited, got announced, got the picture, and then....did not get the gift card. At this point, I don't even care about the gift card. I didn't even think we would get anything all that great anyway. I thought maybe a certificate. But after you wait and wait and wait in the freezing cold with your whiny children, you kind of want the prize! Good old Larry said, "oh yeah, Steve has them. He left. I guess you will pick up your cards at the library later on." Ok Larry, thanks. I would have left a LONG time ago if you had told me this earlier.
So I called the library today to see if we should come get our prize. Larry said that Steve still had them and would be back in town on Tuesday. WHATEVER. We don't care anymore. We will pick up our gingerbread tower and display it proudly. That is our major award!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment