Sunday, August 22, 2010

Claire's fourth birthday (officially)







Claire is officially four. Well, I guess tomorrow she is really four, but now when she tells people she is four, it will actually be true. This little technicality was my fault. Claire was made to believe that she was four before she was actually four. I really wanted her to be in Safety Town with Ella this summer. This was going to be the last summer Ella could participate due to her age. The "rules" were that you needed to be four by June 1st to be in the program. I have always been a little rebellious so I chose not to follow that rule. Claire was going to be four just a handful of weeks later, so what did it really matter? She had been to preschool for a whole year and knew the drill about being away from Mom and how to use the potty without me around. I really wasn't worried. I didn't want to tell her to lie about her age in case someone asked her how old she was. (She will have plenty of years to lie about her age when she gets older) So I told her that she was four and that we had not had her party yet. I told Ella the same thing so that she would not spill the beans about her sister. This royally confused the child because just recently she told someone that she was going to be five in August at her pony party and that she was four and half already. Nice going Liz!!! I think she understands that she is four. The big number four candle on her cake hopefully helped solidify that in her head.

We had a My Little Pony themed birthday party. We had a few fun games and a pinata. The day started out cloudy and crappy but it turned out to be a beautiful, sunny, and 75 degree day. Claire got a lot of nice presents. Thanks to everyone that gave her presents today, earlier this week, and thanks to those out of towners who sent her gifts. Claire had a great day!

No comments: